TO MEMBERS OF THE ANGLO-ARGENTINE SOCIETY
On behalf of the Committee, we hope you are safe and well and coping in these uncertain times. It is so sad to have to announce that our events and activities will be put on hold until further notice, but such is the reality of life now.
The dates for your diary which we announced in December, the Borges Lecture on 6 May and the Gran Asado Argentino on 14 June, are now cancelled. We might hold the Borges Lecture at the beginning of September. We are also cancelling our famous annual raffle for this year.
At this stage, we are still planning to have the Gala Dinner with APARU, in aid of Argentine charities, on 18 September at the Caledonian Club and will keep you posted.
Leyendo Argentina will continue to meet via an on-line group, so if you would like to join please let us know. The next meeting is on 21 April at 6.15 pm and the book being discussed is the graphic novel El Eternauta, by Hector German Osterheld and Francisco Solano Lopez.
We will plan events again as soon as we can and look forward to seeing you once “normal” life resumes.
Meanwhile, keep well. And thank you as always for your support for the Society.
The Committee of The Anglo-Argentine Society
Dates for your diary:
- Wednesday 19 February, Farewell Reception for HE Ambassador R Carlos Sersale di Cerisano and Mrs Linette de Jager – contact the Society for details
- Thursday 5 March, “Darwin in Patagonia”, lecture by Stuart Blake, at the Argentine Embassy. See below for more information and to register.
- Tuesday 10 March, book club Leyendo Argentina, at the Argentine Embassy, to discuss “El Eternauta”, graphic novel by Francisco Solano Oesterheld. Contact the Society for more information.
- Wednesday 6 May, 26th Borges Lecture, by Hector Dante Cincotta, celebrated Argentine writer; at the Argentine Embassy. More information to follow shortly.
- Sunday 14 June, our flagship event, Gran Asado Argentino, at Wasps FC, London W3 9QA. A wonderful day for members and their friends and families. Tickets available soon, also for our famous “asado” raffle: top prize kindly donated by STEAMOND TRAVEL – TWO RETURN TICKETS ON BRITISH AIRWAYS. And 20 more fabulous prizes.
- POLO MATCHES AND GALA DINNER WITH APARU: DATES TO BE CONFIRMED
Darwin in Patagonia
Darwin and yerba mate.pptx
Lecture by Stuart Blake
200305 LECTURE Stuart Blake, Darwin in Patagonia